TAXIS Mallorca - Taxis de Petra Mallorca

Vaya al Contenido

Menu Principal:

tel.620507784  Ariany de MALLORCA Introducción

El municipio de Petra es uno de los más representativos de la denominada Mallorca interior. Su paisaje rural, el núcleo urbano y su gente nos muestran todavía muchos aspectos de la Mallorca genuina y tradicional, hoy en día ya perdidos o desvirtuados en muchos otros lugares de la isla. Un paseo por las antiguas calles del pueblo o por los numerosos caminos rurales del término nos permitirá conocer bellos lugares y parajes llenos de naturaleza, historia y patrimonio. La visita será aún más gratificante si uno aprovecha para disfrutar de la oferta gastronómica y productos típicos o de sus fiestas tradicionales.

La geografía y sus itinerarios

El término de  se sitúa ligeramente hacia la parte noreste de la isla de Mallorca, en la comarca del Pla. Tiene una extensión de 6.930 ha. Su territorio ofrece un paisaje muy diverso, tanto en la orografía, como en la geología o vegetación. Se configuran tres zonas bien diferenciadas: el monte de Bonany, la llanura central y la Marina. En el sureste el monte de Bonany representa la cota máxima, 317 m. En sus laderas, donde puede aflorar la piedra viva, se alternan zonas de cultivos de frutales de secano (algarrobo, higuera y almendro), con zonas de pinares y algún encinar.
La llanura central es realmente una zona con anchos valles y colinas, con tierras grasas y arcillosas. La casi totalidad de las tierras están cultivadas, dedicadas especialmente a los cereales, si bien todavía se encuentran frutales de secano y viñedos, tiempo atrás más abundantes. En el centro de esta zona se encuentra el pueblo, el único núcleo urbano. Este se levanta sobre la ligera elevación que separa las zonas drenadas por los dos torrentes que atraviesan el término. Estos dos torrentes son: el de Petra (o llamado también Dels Rentadors) y el de Sa Valleta (o de na Borges), que discurren de suroeste a noreste, en dirección a la Bahía de Alcúdia.
La Marina se extiende por toda la parte noreste del término. Se trata de una extensa meseta de terrenos cuaternarios, de tierra roja y piedra arenisca. Las áreas de labranza se alternan con grandes extensiones de monte bajo. En la muela de Son Monserrat se encuentra la segunda altura más destacada del término, 194 m. En el Levante se abre un valle por donde discurre el torrente de Sa Valleta. Encontramos una orografía accidentada, con pronunciados barrancos y acantilados. Las fértiles e irrigadas tierras de los fondos de este valle contrastan con la austeridad de las tierras de la Marina. En los márgenes del torrente abundan los bosques de ribera (chopos y olmos) y otra vegetación propia de las zonas de humedal, especialmente los cañaverales.
Todo el término municipal está atravesado por una extensa red de caminos rurales, los cuales ofrecen la posibilidad de pasear a pie o en bicicleta disfrutando de la tranquilidad y la belleza de su paisaje. Desde el punto de vista paisajístico y naturalístico, destacan especialmente la zona del monte de Bonany (donde hay una serie de itinerarios señalizados) y la de Sa Marina, junto con el valle del torrente de Sa Valleta – Na Borges

La gente

Actualmente tiene unos 3000 habitantes. Tradicionalmente la mayoría de la población ha vivido de la agricultura y ganadería. Ahora la mayor parte de los trabajadores se dedica al sector terciario. Entre otras actividades económicas, destacan la carpintería, la producción vitivinícola, la fabricación de materiales de construcción y la explotación geológica (arenisca, arcilla de alfarero y grava), o la fabricación de maquinaria agrícola. La vida en el pueblo todavía conserva la tranquilidad, la comodidad y la humanidad propia de los pequeños núcleos donde todos se conocen. A su vez, el pueblo ofrece una gran oferta de pequeños comercios, empresas e industrias familiares. También cuenta con una gran variedad de asociaciones y entidades sociales, culturales y deportivas muy activas.

La historia y algunos de los hijos destacados

Numerosos yacimientos arqueológicos esparcidos por todo el término testimonian la presencia del hombre a lo largo de la prehistoria y la época romana. Durante la dominación musulmana que comienza a principios del siglo X de nuestra era, el término de Petra formaba parte del distrito Yitnau – Bitra. Entonces el término estaba distribuido en alquerías y rafals. En 1230 se produce la conquista catalana y comienza el período cristiano. En el reparto de las tierras de la isla de Mallorca, las tierras de Petra (nombre que deriva del antiguo topónimo musulmán de Bitra) pasarán a la parte del Rey Jaume I. Pocos años después ya está documentada la parroquia de Petra, bajo la advocación de San Pedro.
El hijo del Conquistador, Jaime II, será el que fundará la población de Petra, en el contexto de las Ordenanzas dictadas en 1300 para la creación y dotación de villas en Mallorca. Parece que Petra fue uno de los casos en que mejor se aplicaron las directrices generales de las Ordenanzas. Se planificó un núcleo urbano en cuadrícula y dotado de las infraestructuras y servicios necesarios para que se establecieran unos 100 pobladores. A cada uno se le entregaba un solar para construir la casa, cinco cuarteradas de tierras de cultivo y diez de tierras comunales de monte bajo. El resto del término quedó básicamente organizado en grandes propiedades, las possessions. Casi todas estas posesiones a principios del siglo XVI ya habrán pasado a manos de señores ciudadanos y nobles, la mayoría de los cuales las poseerán hasta finales del XIX y principios del siglo XX, en que buena parte de ellas fueron establecidas.
Desde finales de la Edad Media se desarrollan dentro del término dos territorios feudales, dos caballerías (después convertidos en marquesados): la de Ariany y la de San Martín de Alanzell. En cada una de ellas se desarrollará un núcleo de población. En Ariany ya existía una alquería en época Islámica. En San Martín, será su propietario el que a principios del XVII promoverá la creación del núcleo de Vilafranca. Con el paso de los siglos, en ambos núcleos se creará una parroquia. Los dos territorios acabarán segregándose de Petra. Vilafranca se convierte en municipio a mediados del siglo XIX y Ariany en 1982.
Entre los personajes ilustres destacan: el Beato Junípero Serra (misionero evangelizador de California), Fray Miguel de Petra (Capuchino, figura capital de la Ilustración mallorquina), Guillermo Moragues (político), o los difusores de la historia y patrimonio petrer, como Mossèn Francesc Torrrens, Miquel Ramis o Sebastià Rubí.

El Patrimonio Cultural, las ferias, fiestas y tradiciones

En cuanto a monumentos y lugares relevantes, cabe destacar el casco antiguo del pueblo, que está declarado Bien de Interés Cultural, tanto por su valor histórico y urbanístico como por el conjunto de construcciones tradicionales y monumentos. Entre los monumentos destacan los edificios religiosos de la Iglesia parroquial de San Pedro (de estilo gótico tardío) y el Convento de San Bernardino (de estilo renacentista y barroco). Otros edificios de interés son el antiguo Convento de las Monjas (actualmente destinado a Centro de Día y otros servicios a la comunidad), la Sala (Antiguo hospital, después Casas Consistoriales), la antigua Estación del Tren, las Escuelas Viejas (actualmente oficinas municipales), el antiguo Cuartel de la Guardia Civil (ahora Teatro Municipal y escuela de música), la pescadería, etc. Igualmente hay que destacar los espacios que recuerdan la figura de Junípero Serra, como son la casa solariega y el Museo, o el monumento levantado en la plaza que lleva su nombre. Por otra parte, aún se conservan muchos ejemplos de casas tradicionales y otras construcciones de gran valor etnológico: molinos harineros, bodegas (como las de Ca’n Casta o de Son Caló ), etc.
Fuera del núcleo urbano, destacan el Santuario de Bonany, los yacimientos arqueológicos de la prehistoria (Son Homar, Termenor, cova dels Voltors, etc.) Y el patrimonio etnológico: casas de posesión (como Son Santandreu, Son Gurgut, Es Pujol, Son Mieres o Ses Cabanasses, entre otras), casas de campo, casetas, barracas, fuentes, norias, pozos, etc.

El pueblo de Petra tiene como patrona a Santa Praxedis, en honor de la cual se celebra la fiesta el 21 de julio. También destacan las fiestas populares que se celebran por San Antonio Abad (días 16 y 17 de enero), por la Virgen de los Ángeles (finales de julio y principios de agosto) y, en septiembre, en honor al Padre Serra. El día de la feria es el sábado del tercer domingo de septiembre; cada miércoles se hace mercado. El cuarto domingo de octubre se realiza la Muestra de Arte y Empresa.

El pueblo de Petra ofrece también una serie de lugares donde disfrutar de la gastronomía típica de Mallorca o lugares donde adquirir productos elaborados tradicionales o artesanales

Santuari de Bonany

El Puig de Bonany se encuentra situado entre los términos de Petra, Villafranca de Bonany y San Juan. Presenta una altura de 317 m y en la cima del monte se encuentra la ermita del mismo nombre. La ermita fue levantada en el siglo XVII en honor a una Virgen encontrada, si bien el edificio actual data de la década de los años 20 del siglo XX, en que fue reconstruida después de ser destruida por un rayo. A unos pocos metros de la ermita, en el camino que conduce hay un cruz de piedra, diseñada por el artesano local Juan Vives Lliteras, y que fue clavada en conmemoración del último sermón que hizo Fray Junípero Serra antes de partir hacia América. En la tercera fiesta de Pascua, los tres pueblos mencionados que comparten el monte y otras regiones cercanas, celebran una pancaritat.

Plaça del Pare Serra

Plaza y monumento de Junípero Serra. La plaza era conocida desde la primera mitad del s. XIX con el nombre de plaza de la Constitución y, antes, era la plaza de la Torre. En 1892 se dedicó a Fray Junípero Serra; se siembran árboles y colocaron poyos los alrededores, hechos con escalones de piedra de las escaleras derribadas del convento de los franciscanos. En 1913, con motivo del segundo centenario del nacimiento del misionero, se colocó en el centro de la plaza el monumento dedicado al il • lustro petrer. La obra escultórica fue realizada por Guillem Galmés. Es de piedra arenisca de Santanyi y consta de un alto podio troncopiramidal, con los escudos de los franciscanos, de la familia Serra y de la villa, uno a cada lado, excepto en la parte de delante, donde está la inscripción conmemorativa. Arriba se sitúa la estatua. El monumento se rodeó de rejas de hierro forjado, que años después fueron trasladadas al polideportivo parroquial. El jardín y el pavimento de la plaza han sido remodelados varias veces. A mediados del siglo XX se sembraron palmeras y se derribó la casa de la antigua Quartera, dejando la plaza rodeada de calles por los cuatro costados. Estos palmeras, víctimas del picudo rojo, fueron sustituidos por Morers actuales a la remodelación que se hizo de todo el entorno de la plaza y de la escultura del año 2013, en el 300 aniversario del nacimiento del P. Serra.

Plaça Ramon Llull

Plaza de Ramon Llull. Antes había sido dedicada al político José Socias. Era conocida tradicionalmente como plaza del Bebedero y ahora, popularmente, es llamada plaza del Manantial. El antiguo pozo con la noria y los bebederos públicos hay permanecieron hasta 1916, cuando fueron esbucats y sustituidos por un nuevo abrevadero, que fue destruido en 1949. Entonces, en el centro de la plaza se colocó un pequeño podio con una farola; ya durante la segunda mitad de siglo se instaló un manantial que ha sido cambiado por uno más grande. También los árboles han sido sustituidos varias veces, y se ha podido ver pinos, olivos, etc.

Casa de la Vila

Se encuentra situada en la calle del Hospital, no muy lejos de la plaza que acabamos de comentar. En este edificio se funda a finales del siglo XV o principios del XVI el Hospital del pueblo, el cual da nombre a la calle. Esta institución funcionó hasta el siglo XVIII. Con el paso de los siglos también se convirtió con la sede de la Universidad de la Villa. Precisamente para satisfacer esta función, en 1837 el edificio fue reformado y se convirtió en la Casa Consistorial. Fue entonces cuando se construyó la torre del reloj que todavía se conserva. En 1921 se hizo otra reforma, con la que se dotó al edificio del actual portal de acceso principal. De la última reforma y restauración, hecha en torno al 2000, destaca la incorporación una nueva escalera de acceso a las plantas superiores. En el Salón de Plenos se encuentran, junto con los otros hijos ilustres de la villa, los cuadros que representan al Padre Junípero Serra y su sobrino Pare Miquel de Petra. El cuadro que representa a Junípero Serra seguramente es de finales del siglo XVIII o principios del siglo XIX, como ya se ha comentado, es muy parecido al que se venera en la parroquia. Respecto al cuadro que representa al Padre Miquel de Petra, también seguramente del siglo XIX. Estos dos cuadros nos dan pie a hablar un poco de la familia de Junípero, entre otras cosas porque fueron legados al Consistorio por Benedicto Vadell Ribot en cumplimiento de su testamento de 1838. Este murió un año después, era el último descendiente directo de los padres de Junípero. Hay que tener presente que el matrimonio formado por Antoni Serra y Margarita Ferrer sólo llegaron a adultos dos hijos: Miguel José (Junípero) (1713-84) y Joana Maria (1716-83). Esta se casó con Miquel Ribot, cuyo matrimonio nacieron dos hijos: Juana (1744-1785) y Miquel (que como su tío, también se hará religioso, con el nombre de Padre Miguel de Petra). Joana se casó con Benet Vadell y sólo tuvieron un hijo, Benito Vadell Ribot (1770 a 1839). Éste también seguro la carrera religiosa, como sacerdote pasa a ser Rector de Santanyí. Como hemos dicho, con él se extingue la descendencia directa de los padres de Junípero

Museu Frai Juníper Serra

Museo Junípero Serra y Centro de Estudios Juniperianos. En 1955 se puso la primera piedra del Museo. Las obras se realizaron según proyecto del arquitecto Gabriel Alomar y fue inaugurado en 1959. El edificio es de estilo regionalista; tiene dos crujías con planta baja y alta. Destacan, entre otros elementos, los dos arcos de asa de cesto de la fachada o la escalera interior. El edificio tiene un jardín delante con un porche lateral de pilares, añadido posteriormente. La fachada que da a la calle está constituida por un muro con un portal de arco de medio punto y grandes ventanas con rejas al lados.

Es convent

En 1607 los franciscanos se establecieron en Petra donde en principio edificaron una pequeña iglesia y varias dependencias conventuales. Fue en 1657 cuando se empezó la iglesia actual del convento, terminada 20 años después. Posteriormente se añadió el claustro y las dependencias que la rodeaban. Los franciscanos tuvieron que abandonar el convento a raíz de la ley de Desamortización de 1836 y no volvieron a establecerse en él hasta el año 1969. Entonces ocuparon sólo una pequeña parte de las dependencias conventuales, ya que la mayor parte de ellas habían sido privatizadas y convertidas en viviendas después de la mencionada ley.
La Iglesia sigue la tradición renacentista; tiene planta basilical con una sola nave y capillas laterales, con cubierta de bóveda de cañón. En el interior destacan las cerámicas de zócalos y frontales de altar (en la capilla del Beato Ramon Llull y la de los Ángeles), las pinturas murales y, especialmente, el gran conjunto de retablos barrocos (de finales del siglo XVII y principios del siglo XVIII). Entre estos retablos merecen especial atención artística el retablo Mayor, el del Santo Cristo, el de la Virgen de los Ángeles y el de San Francisco. El retablo Mayor fue construido entre el 1721 y el 1724, obra del escultor Gaspar Oms. Está presidido por la talla de la Inmaculada y, encima, la imagen del titular del convento, San Bernardino de Siena. A los lados aparecen San Jaime de la Marca y San Juan de Capistrano. También cabe destacar la capilla del Belén (bendecida en 1686), con algunas esculturas góticas (ángeles) procedentes del antiguo belén que estaba en el Convento de Jesús de Palma y que actualmente, en parte, se encuentra en la iglesia de la Sangre de Palma.

Iglesia Parroquial de Sant Pere

Esta iglesia es el tercer templo parroquial levantado en la villa de Petra desde el siglo XIII. Se comenzó en 1582 y se terminó a finales del siglo XVIII. Es de estilo gótico, excepto la Capilla del Rosario (1689), que es Barroca. El templo es una de las iglesias parroquiales más grande de Mallorca.
Tiene planta basilical, con una sola nave y capillas laterales. En su interior se guarda un gran conjunto de obras de arte y mobiliario religioso, entre los que cabe destacar los retablos, que abarcan todos los estilos que se han sucedido en la isla desde el gótico del XV hasta el neogótico de principios del siglo XX.
En esta iglesia se encuentra la pila bautismal en que fue bautizado Miguel José Serra Ferrer, el futuro Junípero. La pila fue esculpida en piedra por Miquel Abraham y Juan Antiguo en 1588. Es de planta octogonal. Están representados en relieve los motivos del escudo parroquial, alusivos a los atributos de San Pedro: las llaves del cielo y la tiara papal. Antes de estar en el emplazamiento actual, en el presbiterio, esta fuente de bautismo se había ubicado dentro de la hornacina que hay al lado del portal mayor, donde aún se encuentra la lápida que recuerda que en ella fue bautizado el futuro misionero el día 24 de noviembre de 1713.
Dentro de la capilla de Santa Ana se puede venerar una reliquia de Junípero Serra (un trocito de hueso traído de la misión californiana de Carmel, donde murió en 1784 y donde está enterrado) y el cuadro que representa al Misionero. Ambas piezas fueron colocadas con motivo de la beatificación de Junípero en 1988. En cuanto al cuadro, se trata de una obra seguramente de finales del siglo XVIII o del siglo XIX, procedente del predio de Son Gurgut. Este lienzo fue donado a la parroquia el año 1923 por Antoni Oliver encargado de hacer cumplir la voluntad testamentaria de la propietaria del predio, Bienvenida Oliver. Hasta el momento de la beatificación, el cuadro estaba expuesto en la sacristía parroquial. En él se representa a Junípero predicando a los indios y los colonizadores. Con la mano lleva la cruz, símbolo de su labor, a los pies aparece una copa, un cáliz, con una serpiente que sale de dentro, en recuerdo del episodio en que se intentó envenenar al misionero con el vino que bebió en una celebración eucarística. La iconografía de este cuadro es muy parecida a la del cuadro que se encuentra en la sala de Plenos del ayuntamiento; parecen inspirados en la representación que aparece en el libro de la primera biografía que publicó en 1787 Francisco Palou (franciscano que había acompañado a Junípero en su tarea misional). La principal diferencia iconográfica de los dos cuadros respecto a esta primera representación del libro de Palou, es que el Padre Serra ya no lleva en la mano derecha la piedra con la que se daba golpes en el pecho en señal de penitencia.

Busto de Francesc Torrens

En el exterior de la Iglesia Parroquial, en el recinto sagrado, junto al portal mayor, se encuentra la escultura con el busto en memoria de Don Francisco Torrens Nicolau (1856-1924), colocado en 1970. Cura e historiador local; fue él quien después de encontrar casualmente en 1876 la biografía de Junípero Serra escrita por Francisco Palou, emprendió la difusión de la vida y obra de Junípero. En 1892 promovió que se dedicara una de las dos plazas del pueblo al misionero. Posteriormente, en 1913, fue quien impulsó el levantamiento del monumento que allí está. También este mismo año publicó una biografía del franciscano. El capellán Ventura, nombre con el que se conocía a Torrens en Petra, también se convirtió en un gran investigador de la historia y el patrimonio de Petra, dejando importantes aportaciones como los diferentes volúmenes de los Apuntes Históricos de Petra (1921).

PETRA DE MALLORCA Introduction

The city of Petra is one of the most representative of the so-called Mallorca interior. Its countryside, the village and its people still show many aspects of genuine and traditional Mallorca, nowadays already lost or distorted in many other places on the island. A stroll through the ancient streets of the village or by the numerous rural roads term allow us to know beautiful places and places full of nature, history and heritage. The visit will be even more rewarding if you take the opportunity to enjoy the cuisine and typical products of traditional festivals.

Geography and routes

The term of Petra is located slightly to the northeast of the island of Mallorca, in the Pla. It covers an area of ​​6,930 ha. Its territory offers a very diverse landscape, both in the terrain, as in geology or vegetation. Bonany mount, the central plain and Marina: three distinct zones are configured. In the southeast the mountain of Bonany represents the peak, 317 m. On its slopes, where you can bring out the living stone fruit crop areas of dry land (carob, fig and almond), with areas of pines and some oaks are alternated.
The central plain is actually an area with wide valleys and hills, with fats and clay soils. Almost all of the land is cultivated, especially dedicated to cereals, although dry fruit and vineyards, behind more time are still abundant. In the center of this area the village, the village is unique. This stands on the slight elevation between the areas drained by two streams that cross the term. These two streams are: Petra (or also called Dels Rentadors) and Sa Valleta (or na Borges), running from southwest to northeast, towards the Bay of Alcudia.
The Marina extends throughout the northeastern part of the term. It is a large plateau of quaternary soils, red clay and sandstone. Farming areas alternate with large expanses of scrubland. At the wheel of Son Monserrat is the second most prominent height of the term, 194 m. Levante a valley through which the stream of Valleta Sa opens. We found a broken terrain, with steep ravines and cliffs. The fertile, irrigated land fund this valley contrast with the austerity of the Navy land. In the margins of the stream riparian forests (poplar and elm) and other vegetation in wetland areas, especially the reeds abound.
All the town is crossed by an extensive network of rural roads, which offer the possibility of walking or cycling to enjoy the tranquility and beauty of its landscape. From the point of view naturalistic landscape and especially highlight the mountain of Bonany area (where there are a number of marked itineraries) and Sa Marina, along with the valley of the river of Valleta Sa - Na Borges

People

Petra currently has about 3000 inhabitants. Traditionally most of the population lived from agriculture and livestock. Now most of the workers are engaged in the tertiary sector. Other economic activities include carpentry, wine production, manufacture of building materials and geological exploitation (sandstone, clay and gravel potter), or the manufacture of agricultural machinery. Life in the village still retains the tranquility, comfort and the very humanity of the small towns where everyone knows everyone. In turn, the village offers a wide range of small businesses, enterprises and cottage industries. It also has a variety of associations and very active social, cultural and sports organizations.

History and some of the featured children

Numerous archaeological sites scattered throughout all the evidence of the presence of man along prehistoric and Roman times. Under Muslim rule beginning in the early tenth century CE, the term was part of Yitnau Petra district - Bitra. Then the term was distributed in farmhouses and Rafals. In 1230 the Catalan conquest occurs and begins the Christian period. In the distribution of land on the island of Mallorca, the land of Petra (the name derives from the ancient Muslim Bitra place name) passed to the part of King James I. A few years later the parish is already documented Petra, dedicated San Pedro.
Conqueror's son, Jaime II, which will be founded the town of Petra, in the context of the Ordinances passed in 1300 for the creation and provision of villas in Mallorca. It seems that Petra was one of the best cases in which the general guidelines of the Ordinances were applied. An urban center was planned grid and equipped with the infrastructure and services needed for about 100 people were established. Each was handed a plot to build the house five cuarteradas of farmland and tens of communal lands of scrubland. The rest of the term was basically organized in large properties, possessions. Almost all of these possessions in the early sixteenth century and have passed to citizens and noble lords, most of whom possess up to the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, when many of them were established.
Since the late Middle Ages develop within the feudal territories ended two two horses (later converted into marquisates) of Ariany and San Martin de Alanzell. In each a population center will develop. Ariany farmhouse already existed in Islamic era. In San Martin, which it will own early seventeenth promote the creation of core Vilafranca. Over the centuries, in both cores parish was created. The two territories eventually separating from Petra. Vilafranca became a municipality in the mid nineteenth century and in 1982 Ariany.
Among the famous people include: Blessed Junipero Serra (California missionary evangelist), Fray Miguel de Petra (Capuchino, the Majorcan capital figure Illustration), Guillermo Moragues (political) or diffusers petrer history and heritage, as Mossèn Francesc Torrrens, Sebastià Miquel Ramis or Ruby.

The Cultural Heritage, fairs, festivals and traditions

As monuments and important places include the old town, which is declared of cultural interest, both for its historic and urban value as the set of traditional buildings and monuments. Among the monuments include the religious buildings of the parish church of San Pedro (late Gothic) and the Convent of San Bernardino (Renaissance and Baroque). Other buildings of interest are the former Convent of the Nuns (currently intended Day Centre and other community services), the Board (Old hospital, after town hall), the old Train Station, the Old School (now municipal offices ), the former barracks of the Civil Guard (now Municipal School of Music and Theatre), the fish, etc. Also of note are the spaces that recall the figure of Junipero Serra, as are the Manor House and Museum, and the monument erected in the square that bears his name. Flour mills, wineries (such as Ca'n Casta or Son Caló), etc.: Moreover, even many examples of traditional houses and other buildings of great ethnological value are preserved
Outside the urban core, include the Sanctuary of Bonany, archaeological sites of Prehistory (Son Homar, Termenor, Cova dels Voltors, etc.) and ethnological heritage houses possession (as Santandreu Son, Son Gurgut, Es Pujol, Son Mieres or Ses Cabanasses, among others), cottages, houses, huts, fountains, wells, pits, etc.

The village of Petra has like employer to Santa Praxedis, in whose honor the feast is celebrated on July 21. They also highlight the popular festivals celebrated by San Antonio Abad (16 and 17 January), by the Virgen de los Angeles (late July and early August) and in September, in honor of Father Serra. The day of the fair is on Saturday the third Sunday of September; market is every Wednesday. The fourth Sunday of October and Enterprise Art Show takes place.

Petra town also offers a number of places to enjoy the cuisine of Mallorca or places to buy or elaborate traditional handicrafts

Sanctuary of Bonany

The Puig of Bonany is situated between the terms of Petra, Villafranca of Bonany and San Juan. It has a height of 317 m on the mountaintop is the hermitage of the same name. The chapel was built in the seventeenth century in honor of a Virgin found, although the current building dates from the early 20s of the twentieth century, which was rebuilt after being destroyed by lightning. A few meters from the shrine, on the road that leads there is a stone cross, designed by local craftsman Juan Vives Lliteras, and that was nailed to commemorate the last sermon that Fray Junipero Serra did before leaving for America. In the third feast of Easter, all three peoples who share the mountain and nearby regions, hold a pancaritat.

Plaça del Pare Serra

Monument Square and Junipero Serra. The square was known from the first half of the s. XIX with the name of Constitution Square and before that it was the Tower Square. In 1892 it was dedicated to Fray Junipero Serra; trees are planted and benches placed around, made with stone steps stairs of the ruined Franciscan convent. In 1913, to mark the second centenary of the birth of the missionary, he was placed in the center of the square is the monument dedicated to il • petrer five years. The sculpture was made by Guillem Galmés. It is Santanyi sandstone and consists of a truncated high podium, with the shields of the Franciscans, the Serra family and the villa, one on each side, except for the front, where the commemorative inscription is. Above the statue is located. The monument was surrounded by wrought iron, which years later were transferred to the parish sports. The garden and the pavement of the square has been remodeled several times. A mid-twentieth century were planted palm trees and ancient Quartera house was demolished, leaving the square surrounded by streets on all four sides. These palm trees, victims of red palm weevil, were replaced by current remodeling was done around the vicinity of the square and the sculpture of the year 2013, the 300th anniversary of the birth of Father Serra Morers.

Plaça Ramon Llull

Plaza de Ramon Llull. Before it had been dedicated to the politician Jose Members. It was traditionally known as the Plaza del Bebedero and now popularly is called Plaza del Manantial. The old well with the ferris wheel and public drinkers remained there until 1916, when they were esbucats and replaced by a new trough, which was destroyed in 1949. Then, in the middle of the square stood a small podium with a lamp; and during the second half of the century a spring that has been changed by a bigger one was installed. Also the trees have been replaced several times, and have seen pine, olive, etc.

Casa de la Vila

It is located at the Hospital, not far from the square just discussed. This building is founded in the late fifteenth or early sixteenth century the town hospital, which gives its name to the street. This institution operated until the eighteenth century. Over the centuries also it became the home of the University of the Villa. Precisely to fulfill this function, in 1837 the building was renovated and became the Town Hall. That's when the clock tower still preserved was built. In 1921 he made another reform, with which he endowed the building of the current main access portal. Last reform and restoration, made around 2000, incorporating highlights a new staircase to the upper floors. In the Plenary Hall are located, along with other famous sons of the town, pictures depicting Father Junipero Serra and his nephew Pare Miquel de Petra. The table represents Junipero Serra is probably in the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century, as already mentioned, is very similar to that venerates in the parish. Regarding the painting of the Father Miquel de Petra, also probably nineteenth century. These two pictures give us grounds to speak a little family of Juniper, among other things because they were bequeathed to the Consistory Benedict Vadell Ribot in fulfillment of his will in 1838. He died a year later, was the last direct descendant of parents Junipero. Keep in mind that the marriage of Antoni Serra Ferrer and Margarita adults only reached two children: Michael Joseph (Junipero) (1713-84) and Joana Maria (1716-1783). This married Miquel Ribot, whose marriage had two children: Jeanne (1744-1785) and Miguel (who like his uncle, will also religious, with the name of Father Miguel of Petra). Joana Vadell Benet married and only had a son, Benito Vadell Ribot (1770-1839). This also certain religious career as a priest becomes Rector of Santanyí. As we have said, with his direct descendants of parents Junipero is extinguished

Frai Juniper Serra Museum

Junipero Serra Museum and Research Center Juniperianos. In 1955 he laid the foundation stone of the museum. The works were performed by the architect Gabriel Alomar and was opened in 1959. The building is a regional style; It has two bays with upper and lower floors. They include, among other elements, the two basket handle arches of the facade or interior staircase. The building has a front garden with a side porch pillars, added later. The facade facing the street is made up of a wall with a portal arch and large windows with bars to sides.

It's convent

In 1607 the Franciscans settled in principle in Petra where they built a small church and several convent buildings. It was in 1657 when the current church began convent, completed 20 years later. Subsequently the cloister and outbuildings were added around her. The Franciscans had to leave the convent following the Confiscation Act of 1836 and not again established there until 1969. Then occupied only a small portion of the convent buildings, since most of them had been privatized and converted into housing after the Act.
The Church continues the Renaissance tradition; It has a basilica plan with a nave and side chapels, with barrel vaulted ceiling. In the interior of the ceramic sockets and altar frontals (in the chapel of the Blessed Ramon Llull and Los Angeles), the murals and especially the large collection of Baroque altarpieces (late seventeenth century and early XVIII). These retablos artistic merit special attention altarpiece, the Holy Christ, the Virgin of Los Angeles and San Francisco. The altarpiece was built between 1721 and 1724 by the sculptor Gaspar Oms. It is chaired by the likes of the Immaculate and above, the image of the head of the convent, San Bernardino of Siena. On the sides St. James of the Marches and San Juan Capistrano appear. Also noteworthy is the chapel of Bethlehem (blessed in 1686), with some gothic sculptures (angels) from the former Bethlehem was in the Palma Convent of Jesus and now, in part, is in the Church of the Sangre de Palma .

Parish Church of Sant Pere

This church is the third parish church built in the village of Petra from the thirteenth century. It started in 1582 and was completed in the late eighteenth century. It is Gothic except the Rosary Chapel (1689), which is Baroque. The temple is one of the largest parish churches in Mallorca.
It has a basilica plan with a nave and side chapels. Inside a large collection of religious art and furniture, among which include the altarpieces, covering all styles that have occurred on the island since the fifteenth gothic neogothic until the early twentieth century is saved.
In this church is the baptismal font where he was baptized Miguel Jose Serra Ferrer, the future Junipero. The stack was carved in stone by Juan Miquel Abraham and Old in 1588. It is octagonal. They are represented in relief the reasons for the parish shield, alluding to the attributes of St. Peter the keys to heaven and the papal tiara. Before joining the current location in the presbytery, this source of baptism was located within the niche there next to the main door, where even the stone that recalls that she was baptized the future missionary on 24 found November 1713.
Inside the chapel of Santa Ana you can venerate a relic of Junipero Serra (a piece of bone brought California Carmel Mission, where he died in 1784 and where he is buried) and the painting of the missionary. Both pieces were placed on the occasion of the beatification of Junipero in 1988. As for the painting, it is probably a work of the late eighteenth or nineteenth century, from the estate of Son Gurgut. This painting was donated to the parish in 1923 by Antoni Oliver responsible for enforcing the testamentary will of the owner of the property, welcome Oliver. At the time of the beatification, the picture was exposed in the parish vestry. It is represented Junipero preaching to the Indians and settlers. With hand carry the cross, symbol of his work, at the foot it appears a cup, a cup, a snake that comes from within, in memory of the episode in which he tried to poison the missionary with the wine which he drank in a Eucharistic celebration . The iconography of this painting is very similar to the picture that is in the room of City Hall; They seem inspired by the representation on the book of the first biography published in 1787 Francisco Palou (Franciscan Junipero had accompanied in his missionary work). The main difference of the two iconographic tables on this first performance Palou book, is that Father Serra no longer worn on the right hand the stone that gave blows to the chest as a sign of penance.

Bust of Francesc Torrens

Outside of the Church, in the sacred enclosure, next to the main door, the sculpture is a bust in memory of Don Francisco Torrens Nicolau (1856-1924), placed in 1970. Cura and local historian; it was he who after finding by chance in 1876 Junipero Serra's biography written by Francisco Palou, began spreading the life and work of Junipero. In 1892 he promoted to one of the two squares of the village is dedicated to the mission. Later, in 1913, he was the one who drove the uprising monument is there. That same year he also published a biography of Franciscan. The chaplain Ventura, name that was known Torrens in Petra, also became a great scholar of the history and heritage of Petra, leaving significant contributions as different volumes of historical notes of Petra (1921).

GUÍA  TURISMO RURAL DE MANACOR AGROTURISMOS

Hotel Sa Vall de Son Macià. A 1 km. De Son Maciá
tel. 971 554 279

Hotel Rafal Roig  Ctra. De Manacor can Picafort. Km 8,2
tel. 971 557 109

Hotel Es Pla De LLodra Ctra,de Manacor a Felanitx  km. 4,5  
tel. 971 552 545

Hotel Es Pla Nou  Ctra.de Felanitx km, 8
tel. 971 183 213

Hotel Es Rafalet  Camino de sa Vall, km, 3,8
tel. 971 559 977

Hotel Finca S´aigo ctra. Porto Colom -Porto Cristo km. 2,4
tel. 971 833 050

Hotel Son Amer Ctra.de Felanitx Manacor km. 4,5
tel.971 582 594

Hotel Es Rafal Podent Ctra. De Manacor Calas de Mallorca
tel. 971 183 130

Hotel Son Cifre Nou.
Tel 971 183 687

Hotel Son Verd.
tel. 971 557 575

Hotel son Josep de Baix
tel. 971 650 472

Hotel Sa Vaqueria
tel. 971 822 828

Hotel Es Mayolet.
tel. 971 845 685

Hotel Es Picot
tel. 971 181 041

Hotel Ses Rotetes.
Tel. 971 183 256

Hotel Son Mola Vell.
Tel. 971 554 664

Hotel Sos Ferrés d´en Morey
tel. 971 557 575

Hotel Son Sureda
tel. 971 555 061

Hotel Son Amoixa Vell
tel. 971 846 292

Hotel Reserva Rotana
tel. 971 845 685

Hotel Son Mas
tel. 971 558 755


 
Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.
Regreso al contenido | Regreso al menu principal